Tuesday 8 October 2013

Domain and Range Interactive Notebook

I really am loving this new approach to taking notes.  Even with older students.  I usually teach domain and range in a typical Ben Stein, "Bueller" style.  How do you REALLY make x and y values interesting, exciting, connected to the real world, worthy of a teenagers attention?  Well I couldn´t think of any other way than to say DO IT basically, until the wonderful world of pinterest got me onto interactive notebooks. 

Here are the notebooks my IB Maths Studies students created in order to find the domain and range of various functions.  I´m still learning how to format my blog.  I will try and rotate soon. 

You´ve probably worked out how they use the graphs, but they fold in the right and left flaps in order to isolate the smallest and largest x values and then they write the domain on the graph in the lower right hand corner.  Likewise for the range.  What you can´t see is that there are about five graphs in a pile in the middle of the green cross.  Some of them I left blank so that students could draw their own.  Also, we discussed set notation and used a foldable to take notes.  So fun.  Bueller?  Anyone?






No comments:

Post a Comment